Wednesday, April 20, 2011

To be honest, I hate blogging.

But, I shall continue what I have started! Well, I cant say I hate it. I enjoy writing. What I strongly dislike (ill use that instead of hate) about this, is several reasons, the amount of time it takes to capture the detail and recreate all events and circumstances takes up a considerable amount of personal time. On top of that, so many things are happening so fast and I dont have the internet available and more often, the time to update as often as I would like. In a perfect world, i'd ride a comfortable distance, get a hotel room, get cozy, acess the internet and take the next day off to completely fill you in on the details and repeat this process day after day but thats expensive and time consuming, not the nature of this trip. Even if I get a hotel, there often is no internet. When I have got hotels with internet, im too exhausted to do anything but lay down and sleep.

Maybe im just feeling a bit overwhelmed with the amount of critical information I need to fill you all up with. I think thats it. I havent been able to get on here for quite some time and more has happened than I have time or energy to relay at the moment so bear with me, im just going to break it down into manageable segments and do this a bit at a time. The ride will probably be long over with by the time I actually finish blogging about it all. My original plan was to ride for 5 or 6 days, take a day off, blog and update everything. Well, most of us know that your first plan rarely survives anything and mine has been no different. The rest days ive been taking as of late are far and few between and when I have taken one, the time is spent doing things like laundry, meeting someone, repairing something, going here and doing this or that and at the end of the day when things are winding down, im heading to bed. Like now would be a great time for that buuut I have priorities.

Im taking a pause here. It is 10:26 PM. At 10:30 is a moment of silence for Scotty. His brother Josh is deployed in Afghanistan and its about to be 8AM, April 21st, the day and time that Scotty passed away and Josh is presenting and flying a flag at that moment in his brothers honor.

Ok, enough complaining. Im sneaking this post in among the rest and then filling you in on the trip. If you find this little gem, enjoy. Im just expressing myself a bit but heres to the rest of the story...

6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the "little gem" and remembering Scotty as well. You kids went to school together and who knew then what the future held.

    I was wondering if your blog would catch up to you by the end of the trip...you can relax and catch up after you arrive - just throw us a sunflower seed shell once in a while.

    I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh levi... call me on the road and tell me what you want to say and I will type it all up for you, send it to your email, and you can add and subtract and make it more into your own story. Or take your next whole rest day, and spend it updating.... prob the last thing you want to do but you know...
    i love you, and i sure miss Scott! RIP!
    Love you! Laona

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter what you post, its always enjoyable. Just happy to hear updates and to know that you are safe & sound.
    :-)
    Best Wishes,
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for remembering my brother, Scotty.
    Good luck and best wishes to the rest of your journey.
    Take Care and God Bless!

    -Scotty's Sister, Stormie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im glad too when you do update but of course, don't let it take away from the whole experience! Just live it and don't worry about filling us in that second :) We will appreciate the stories no matter when they come! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read this one like 4 times and even now as I'm typing this i keep going up and reading again. May your friend RIP and I'm sure hes looking down and agreeing with what you've done. A friend told me tonight that when he looks up at the twinkling stars, he just knows its our Fallen Hero's winking at us! So now of course I had to go outside to see how many Fallen Hero's were winking :) I saw a LOT! You're such a special man. Look forward to reading more.

    always, luvy

    ReplyDelete